What does it mean to be a boy? And I'm not just talking about what you have between your legs, but what life is really like for boys. Growing up is a real minefield! So I've put everything I've learned both from my career as an NHS doctor and my own life experiences into this twenty-first century guide to being a boy.
It covers the obvious things like the physical changes you'll go through during puberty and adolescence (hello, pubic hair and voice breaking!), but also helps you to figure out how to manage your emotions, deal with friends and family and learn about healthy relationships.
Filled with easy-to-understand explanations, down-to-earth advice and cheeky illustrations, this growing-up guide by trusted paediatrician Dr Ranj is perfect for readers aged 10+ who want to discover the confidence to be the very best version of themselves.
- Puberty and physical development, including genital, skin, hair and voice changes
- Looking after your body, from shaving, good hygiene and healthy eating to body confidence and exercise
- Mental health awareness, including the importance of sleep, managing mood swings and anxiety
- Managing relationships, from parents and siblings to friends and crushes, and how to cope with bullying
- A sensitive, age-appropriate introduction to sex, consent and privacy
- Navigating the online world, including social media and cybersafety
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.